We have done quite a lot since our last posting here on the blog. Our computer broke down and we have been saving up until we were able to download our pictures. The biggest thing we did was take a family trip to Italy. I wanted to take the kids down to where I served my mission and prove to them that I really can speak a foreign language.We flew into Pisa with a bunch of drunk people on the airplane. We rented a van and drove to our Tuscan villa. We didn't know how nice it was until we woke up the next day and looked around. Tuscany is beautiful. Rolling green hills with castles and churches here and there.
Our first day we went to the Leaning Tower of Pisa and Nick, Liz, and Kris walked up to the top. It's still considered safe from falling for the next 300 years.

We then drove to Rome. We were told we could save money by parking in an unsafe area of town in a random gas station parking lot. So we did and left it there for two days. We saw the normal stuff for Rome and had a great time. Evan and Kate liked the Vatican because they could chase pigeons. Kris and I liked it for other reasons.

The art was good, the collosseum was amazing but we also had italian ice cream (gelato) at least once per day. Most of the time twice per day. The car was still there after two days and we drove back to Pisa to take it easy. We went to the beach, saw Cinque Terra, and saw a city called Lucca. We loved seeing the sites but also really enjoyed taking a break and had lots of fun.It was hard to come back home especially since we didn't pull into our house until 2:15 a.m. The next day the kids did what they do best and slept in all the way until 6:30 a.m. Luckily, I had a few days off work to recover.
We had lots of fun, and enjoyed it all.
3 comments:
Just when you think you are friends...and then they run off and go to Italy without you.
Hi Kris, this is Tracy Nelson, remember me? You used to visit teach me before you flew off to beautiful England? I really miss you and wish that we could keep in touch. I tried emailing you a couple of times last year after you arrived in England, got one email back from you, replied to it and never heard from you since. Please post back to this to let me know we can still keep in touch. I'm planning on coming over next summer. I've got lots to tell you that has happened over the past year.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Tracy
tlnelson@aol.com
I'm so jealous! What a cool vacation and I love Dave's narration- especially the part about the parking space. We miss you guys! Did you get my email about a month ago? I'm not sure if I have your correct email address anymore. Chrissy
Post a Comment